Skip to main content

Local Music Round-Up | Miloe - "Space and Time"


In lieu of a traditional Local Music Round-Up, I'm going to focus on Miloe's latest single, "Space and Time." I loved the band's self-titled EP when I discovered it last August. I heard the track as a part of the Current's Single of the Day series and (since I suck) I am just now getting to writing about it. The song came out on September 21, 2018.

At its core, "Space and Time" is an ode to staying grounded. Over lilting guitar chords, Bobby Kabeya sings of being overwhelmed by emotion. Each youthful sentiment has the ability to carry you away into a golden sea of memories. Even with the patient and endearing chorus of "I don't mind/No, I don't mind/Taking my time and waiting on you," Kabeya calls for openness. There is no natural sin to acknowledging feelings, but it's dangerous to sink in. The storm of teenage emotion has the power to become one's identity. If you spend too much time embedded within it, you will never leave. Chaos beckons with a sneer. Kabeya invites with open arms. Buy the song and watch the song's video (dir. Luke Opat, prod. Qani) below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Music Friday 8/3/18

Natalie Fideler - "Caffeine Headache" | Premiere

St. Vincent Announces New Album "MASSEDUCTION"